Friday, May 11, 2007

The Pursuit of Happyness (2006)

It is not a bad movie. At least because Will Smith does a great Chris Gardner and the directors also has a lot to say with the images. Having the chance to watch some European movies lately I would say this film lacks depth in spite of Muccino's Italian origin. The acting creates the tension but the plot just solves everything in ridiculous ways such that at some point I had a feeling that nothing bad really happens. For example I learned after the movie that most of the homeless people were real, taken..well..of the streets. They actually made some money of this gig. I was more impressed by this fact than by the situations they were in the movie. I think here it is mostly the plot to blame because it is so focused on the central characters that the context is a distanced background. In this respect European movies seem to use more of a sfumato. PS: Will Smith's son is really his son, Jaden Smith

No comments: