Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Was nützt die Liebe in Gedanken

I couldn´t find the translation for this movie, maybe something like "What ist the use of love only in thoughts". Well, I know there are famous german actors taking part like Daniel Brühl, August Diel and Jana Pallaske, but somehow it didn´t catch me. The pictures are slow, beautiful and clean, the people young and everything is lulled into a summer atmosphere. The main topic love is discussed in a very superficial way, actually the main reason why I was disapointed. The story: Two young men say they want to kill themselves when they couldn´t feel love anymore and the people who are the reason for this. The movie is based on a real story and starts with the end. The one friend has killed himself and his lover, the other friend is still alive. Daniel Brühl alias Paul Krantz tells the police what happened. But to my surprise i liked the movie when I just smoked a joint. Maybe a drug movie, so I wouldn´t recomend it to children.

1 comment:

Lucian said...

I would say that most movies can get that pleasant hue after a joint. Hell, I hear life looks better, more peaceful and less demanding. People argue that Earth would be full of love and 'artist' wouldn't be a title since everybody becomes a benevolent artist and finds the beautiful and the surprising. It appears that grass might be the next big green thing: see this in US and also in Canada.
Nice post.