Monday, March 12, 2007

Pulse (2006)

A 'horror' one this time. Or in any case terrible. I am not so sure how the green hue that pervades the film is supposed to make it scary or technical or smth. I noticed that some of the sci-fi/computer/electricity centered pieces tend to be greenish. Why is that? Is electricity supposed to be green, does one feel green when electrocuted? I never did and I had my share but the colour is always indeterminate. There might be a taste but it wouldn't be green. In any case, the movie electrocuted me into boredom which might as well be of that tone of green. I disliked the acting a lot. It's not that the people are not good actors (I have no idea about that) it's just this movie and the parts they did in general. Some of the scenes were terribly stereotypical..you have to be a genius to get out of there in one piece. I found the directing (or the editing-who knows which is which) not only wrongly paced but also simply mistaken. I call mistakes things that do not amount to something appear to be in contradiction with the 'whole' in that they disturb what appears to 'support' the 'whole'. An example here would be the number of times when a tension was broken a bit too early or could not be build because of the 'noise' around. As about the 'whole'- don't bother. Unless you want to comment me.

No comments: