Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Jackie Brown


First I have to warn you. This movie is filled with swearwords, the two favorite ones are "nigger" and "fuck(ing)" or in combination. I watched it with german subtitel and I only could laugh about the kind and harmless translation. Well, it´s good. It´s extremly good and it´s Quention Tarantino. When I was watching it I didn´t know what this is all about, except that it is about criminal plots. I mus say, that was the best, not to know anything. So the only thing I will tell you is, that Pam Grier (as Jackie Brown) is extraordinary convincing, fearless, sexy and not what she seems to be at all. She is great, I fell for her immediatly, a great actress. We have also Samuel L. Jackson (as Robbie Ordell) who is the boss of some mafia-like buisness, quite arrogant. Anyway, Jackie got caught with money and drugs at the airport and the police scents the big chance to catch Ordell.From this point on everything developes unexpected, fast and last but not least in a very intelligent way, not to forget the almost bored brutality. Quention Tarantino has an unusual way to film his actors, we see all the lines, the sweat, the hairs. I like that, it makes it somehow more intense when he keeps the camera on the lined face of Robert Foster (May Cherry) for a little while, so we can stuy him closely. Or when he shows for about a minute just Jackie who walks. Or so. However it´s intelligent, very good entertainment.


No comments: