Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Death Race

Death Race
 
Again I went to the Sneak this week. Me and my friend where sitting exited in our seats, the regular trailers started, and then, the movie... Well, my friend next to me kept saying for about five minutes: "No no, this isn´t the movie, it´s obvious that this is just another trailer." She was wrong and we were a little schocked even by the start. Just speed in some fucked up cars with guns and whatever other stuff that had a race and the drivers were trying to kill each other. And that´s more or less the story. But I will get a bit more detailed of course:) Ít´s 2012, the financial markets had collapsed, concerns rule the world only with the desire for profit, and not to forget the criminality rate is unbelivable high but for the movie itself this is really not important at all). So we have our innocent but keen main actor Jensen Ames (Jason Statham) whose wife gets killed but he goes to prison for it. It´s all an intrigue against him and for the quotes of death race. This death race thing is an invetion of the female director of the prison, who by the way is wire puller of the murder of his wife. Jensen has to win just one race to become a free citizan again. Ah, this I should mention, the clue is, that after a prisionor wins five races he is free. And the whole battle is coveraged live on TV. Great. I can only say, it was horrible, I never watched any car-race-no-brain movies before and I won´t watch one again. Just senceless. Waist of time.

No comments: