Saturday, April 05, 2008

The Last Hit Man (2008)

There's been a few like this in the past years - the killer and his daughter - or how interesting it is to kill for a living and love at the same time. Nothing very special about this movie, maybe some loose ends (the old man missed his date, the daughter didn't fall for the new guy, what the H is Todd doing there at all?) but I liked these. I also liked the first scene - what happens before the credits. Like an essay sums up the whole thing and I would stop right there - the movie doesn't really get any better then this abstract. I would be probably horrified should I take this movie seriously - the possible range of issues that it touches is so great and so heavy that it has no time to do it. It's like one of my essays - too much ambition and too little space. It turns out that if reality is complex one way to deal with it is to focus on fewer aspects. I don't generally agree but I can see the point here - it really does take time to deal with issues.

No comments: