Saturday, April 05, 2008

Aces 'N Eights (2008)

2008 Western! People didn't get enough of westerns and they do more. Please watch the oldies again and spend the money on some serious stuff. "Aces 'N Eights" has some rough camera and gratuitous violence but it really doesn't get close neither to the Eastwood ones nor to modern sculpture like "The Assassination of Jesse James...". I missed the rhetoric of progress so much - "with the railway not only trains but the rule of law comes about". Sure you have to die a bit and we killed these other people but it will come. "And if you touch that gun and kill me you won't get a ticket to this train". I'm so impressed, this is such low propaganda that I cannot imagine serious people ever taking it into account. And don't forget "It (the railway) is bigger then you or me". Fuck off! Ah...and if I hear once more from a sad woman standing in front of man "What happened to us?" I'm going to eat some industrial sugar - I know it's bad for me but I cannot resist. It's 2008, wake up "Nothing happened" to us other then we're terribly bored by this line.

No comments: